CaliforniaColleges.edu provides tools that help students, parents, educators, and K-12 districts smooth the path to college and career.
CaliforniaColleges.edu currently provides transcript-informed tools to 669,000 students in more than 100 K-12 districts. The Cradle-to-Career System will enable all California K-12 districts serving 6th-12th graders to provide these tools to their students, free of charge.
- Access college planning and application tools that are personalized using their own transcript data.
- Explore easy-to-understand information on career paths, college options, and financial aid.
- Plan coursework and view progress towards meeting the CSU and UC “a-g” eligibility requirements.
- Launch and monitor applications to college and financial aid systems, including California Community Colleges, California State University, the University of California, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and the California Dream Act Application.
- Monitor their children’s progress and benefit from parent-specific college and career planning content.
- Use reporting to monitor progress and view their students’ college and financial aid application statuses through one platform. This allows them to offer additional support to students who need it most.
K-12 districts can
- Access Technical Assistance from the California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI), which manages CaliforniaColleges.edu. This process helps ensure the data informing student accounts is accurate, and it unlocks tools that help inform key decisions about students’ college admissions, first-year academic placement, guidance, and financial aid.
Sign up for updates on the Cradle-to-Career System, learn about the launch, and help us spread the word.